Spring Bloom!

Spring is here and my peach tree is blossoming with small pink flowers. There are many varieties of peach trees, and one of them is the Georgia peach. The Georgia peach is the type of peach tree that I have in my backyard alongside my pool.

You have probably heard of a Georgia peach because the state of Georgia is nicknamed the peach state, Empire of the South and natives of Georgia are called “Georgia peaches” or a “Georgia peach”.  My mom is a Georgia peach!

Spring is the season of growth and the time that we celebrate  Arbor Day and Earth Day. You’ve probably heard of the saying “April showers bring May flowers, ” but in some places, it is ONLY rainy in spring or ONLY warm in spring.

If you are in the southern hemisphere, you might think I’m crazy because you are getting your warm clothing out but in the northern hemisphere, we are going into spring on March 20th, at 2:58 P.M. We are in  Pacific time.

In spring, the days are longer and warmer than winter the days are shorter in spring and they have more sunlight. Spring days are usually cooler than summer days.

Is it spring where you live?

What do you notice about my pictures?

Do you grow fruits and/or vegetables?

What other facts do you know about peaches or Georgia?

15 thoughts on “Spring Bloom!

1. Hi Sarah,

Mrs. Yollis told me about this wonderful post and it’s funny as I had only just noticed this very morning that one of our fruit trees was starting to change colours for autumn! I will send her a photo for your 365 blog.

As you know, I live in Australia so our seasons are the opposite. Our weather is still quite mild which I’m happy about as I do enjoy the warm weather. What about you?

We do dabble with growing fruits and vegetables. Our crop of zucchinis and tomatoes are just coming to an end. We have some fairly new fruit trees but hopefully they’ll start producing fruit soon. They are apples, plums, and plumcot. Do you know what a plumcot is?

We’ve also planted an interesting fruit called feijoa. I wonder if you’ve heard of that?

I didn’t know Georgia was called The Peach State so thanks for sharing that interesting fact.

Best wishes,
    Mrs Kathleen Morris

• @ Mrs. Morris,

Thank you for the amazing comment! 🙂

I do know that a plumcot is a cross between an apricot and a plum that Luther Bank invented. My mom buys them from the store when they are in season.

I enjoy warm weather and am looking forward to getting out shorts, tanks, and other similar clothing.

No, I have not heard of a fruit called feijoa. Can you tell me what it is?

Cheers,
      Sarah

2. Hey Sarah,
    I love your post about spring bloom. I learned a lot of facts from your post. I think that you are very smart and intelligent.

Check out My Blog

From,
    hmskirac

• @hmskirc,

You are also very smart. Did you see that HTML that you did? It is a very high-level code that my teacher Mrs. Yollis just taught to my class. You should write a post about it.

But I did have a problem with your blog code because your blog was not showing up when I clicked on it I would go check it out on your blog.

Cheers,
      Sarah

3. Hi!

This is a cool post because you can see all the pollen in the flowers. Did you find a bee drinking the pollen? :3 The flowers look very healthy. Do you ever pick peaches off the peach trees? The white of the flowers looks like they are about to fade away. Happy Blogging!

From,
    Milos the Pirate

• @ Milo,

No, Milo, I have not seen any bees drinking pollen, but I have been cross-pollinating my peach flowers with toothpicks and hoping to get more peaches than we got last year.

Yes, we have picked peaches off my peach trees before ( actually only one peach because the birds ate the others).

Do you know what cross-pollinating means?

Cheers,
      Sarah

4. @sarah
    I love your pictures of your beautiful flowers. And it’s very cute that you call your mom a Georgia Peach 🌺 🍑. It’s first day of spring where I am but I feel like I’m still in the middle winter. Very rainy here in New York today. I am also looking forward to shorts and warm weather clothing like you are. I love your posts and your storytelling and writing is great.

Look forward to reading more of them.

Spring flowers 💐
    Stacey

5. Dear Sarah,

We live in Southern California and it is spring here. Our flowers are almost ready to bloom. We have had a lot of rain, so they are almost ready to flower.

I love your photos. They look professional. How did you take such great close up of your blooms?

We are old so we no longer plant vegetables, but we used to have tomato plants. We lived in Georgia many years ago. The summer weather was more humid than in California. I look forward to following your blog.

Happy Spring,
    Gail

6. Dearest Sarah,

Very impressive photos! It is impressive how the pool in the background is unclear and the flower is so sharp and detailed.

I like to grow lemons and limes. Later we like to take the lemons and make lemonade. Do you like to make lemonade?

Georgia is on the east coast. I have been there twice and I plan to return. Do you have any plans to go there?

Cheers,
    Your Georgia peach 🙂 (Mom)

• @ Sybil,

I love to make lemonade with my brothers and my dad in the summer. I also like to make ice cream. Do you know how to make ice cream?

I actually do have plans to go to Hotlanta (Atlanta), Georgia this summer for my brother Lucas’s macabee soccer. Do you know what macabee sports are?

Cheers,
      Sarah

7. Dearest Sarah,

I like to make ice cream. I haven’t made any in a long time. We have an ice cream machine. Now that the weather is warmer we can use it. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Maccabee is like the Olympics. It is for teens and adults to compete in sports. Your brother is competing in the teen group. One parent has to be Jewish for you to apply and then you try out and have to make the team. He is on the U14 boys soccer team. Do you want to play in the Maccabee tournament when you are older?

All the best,
    Sybil (Mom)

8. Hi Sarah,

I love those photos of your peach tree!

Spring is an amazing time, especially after all the rain we have received in California.

Do you like cabbage? I have two cabbage plants which are really thriving. I should send you a photo of them.

All the best, Craig

9. @Sarah,

Howdy partner, I do love flowers because they’re beautiful and smell delicious. It is spring where I live which is great because I love spring! But I do not grow any vegetables, but I do grow fruit. I do not know what it’s called but it’s small round orange and red and they grow on a tree so you’ll have to jump up and grab one.

What’s your favorite season? Have fun blogging!

Your blogging buddy,
    Aliyah sage

10. Hello Sarah,
    It is spring where I live. Do you know how can I tell that? Your two cousins …achoo….achoo… have been sneezing a lot! In fact, the biggest spring allergy trigger is pollen. Trees, grasses, and weeds release tiny grains into the air to fertilize other plants. When they get into the nose of someone who is allergic, they send the body’s defenses haywire. Therefore, these people can experience symptoms such as runny nose, itchy eyes, etc. Luckily, there is medication to easy these symptoms.
    Do you or anyone you know have spring allergies too?
    Love,
    Nadia