Welcome to my Spectacular Blog

Greeting and salutations!

Today is the day that I wrote my I first blog post! It is also a pajama day today at my school. It is fun to see my whole class wearing their pajamas! Everyone in our class wore in my their PJs so at the end of the day, we won a spirit award. We are in the library and I am reading The Girl Who Drank the Moon book. The Girl Who Drank the Moon has won a Newberry Medal.

Library photo of kids in PJs.

Do you have pajama day at your school?

Have you ever blogged before?

What are you reading right now?

10 thoughts on “Welcome to my Spectacular Blog

1. I am reading Divergent (1st book), The Mark Of The Theif, This World We Live In, and The Lost Hero. As you can see I am quite a book worm.

2. @Sarah

To answer your questions, at my school we do have pajama day. We have it on Dr. Seuss’s birthday. I have blogged before in fact I have my own blog. I am reading the same exact book as you.

From,
    Jodie

3. Hi Sarah,
    How exciting to have a pyjama day at school. I’ve never had a pyjama day at school, even though I’ve been to school most of my life (I’m a teacher). Why do you wear your pyjamas to school?

I like seeing you in the library and knowing that you like reading. I love reading. Reading and writing are two of my favourite things. At the moment I am reading a book called ‘Teacher’. It makes me laugh and makes me sad at the same time. It is hard work being a teacher. I hope you are kind to yours, but I’m sure you are.

I write two blogs and do a lot of other writing too. I have been a writer all my life. One day I would like to publish stories for children.

Thank you for allowing me to read your lovely blog. I enjoyed reading it. I hope you enjoy participating in the Student Blogging Challenge and learn a lot.

Best wishes,
    Norah

• Mrs. Colvin,

Thank you for the amazing blog comment! I enjoyed reading it! I wish you included your URL for your blog. 🙁

To answer your question, we wear PJs to school because it is an unusual spirt day. Well, here is an example of a spirit day in our school is that at the end of the week on Friday we all wear blue clothing or cub wear.

Do you have spirit days at your school?

Cheers,
      Sarah

• Hi Sarah,
        We didn’t have spirit days when I was at school, but sometimes we had other sorts of fun days. Blue is my favourite colour, so I think I would have enjoyed your blue spirit day.
        Both of my blogs are about education. On one I write some stories too. It is my eponymous blog. That means it uses my name. I think it’s a cool word. Do you? That blog is NorahColvin.com. My other blog is more for teachers with ideas that that can use in the classroom. It is called readilearn.com.au/blog. I don’t think they will be very interesting for you, but thank you for asking.
        I hope you are still enjoying the blogging challenge. I am enjoying reading your blog.
        Best wishes,
        Norah
        (PS Please call me Norah. Mrs Colvin makes me sound so old and official. I am old, but please don’t tell anyone. *wink*)

• @ Norah,

I didn’t know what the word eponymous means or even what it is, thank you for sharing your interesting fact.

I visited both of your blogs and they have very good posts.

What’s your favorite of my posts?

Cheers,
          Sarah

• Thank you, Miss W. I just went in and fixed the commenting issue. You are very helpful!

From,
      Mrs. Yollis

4. Dear Sarah Gold,

I would love to read The Girl Who Drank the Moon. It sounds like the best book. Where could I get it?

From:
    Jacob